Microaggressions & Invalidations
For educators, parents/guardians, students, and community members. This learning and professional development opportunity explores the impacts of racial microaggressions/invalidations on educational achievement for students of color.
About Dr. Derald Wing Sue
Derald Wing Sue is a professor of counseling psychology at Columbia University. He has authored
several books, including Microaggressions in Everyday Life; Counseling the Culturally Diverse: Theory and Practice; and Overcoming Our Racism.
Participants learn about the following:
• Racial microaggressions/invalidations
• Impacts of racial microaggressions/invalidations on achievement for students of color
• Ways to combat racial microaggressions/invalidations in and out of the classroom
• Welcome + Introductions
• 90-minute racial microaggression presentation
• 30-minute educators discussion on facilitating racial dialogues in the classroom
• CEU’S will be provided
• Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 2:30-4:30 pm CST
• The event will be available via Zoom at this link: https://isd623.zoom.us/j/85715009086
Click here to view the full event flyer.