Many Faces of the White Bear Lake Area has compiled resources and archived material from past events here to provide the community with additional opportunities to learn more about the topics we are exploring, become familiar with the organization, and be a part of ensuring our community is a welcoming and inclusive place for all people.
These resources include websites, videos, recommended readings and more.
Recordings, summaries and highlights from past Many Faces of the White Bear Lake Area and partner’s events.
Organizations that are not Many Faces partners but that are doing similar work, have presented at Many Faces events or other organizations that may be of interest to the Many Faces community.
Links & Recommended Readings
Links to Resources and relevant readings to learn more about topics Many Faces partners are discussing.
- The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir, by Thi Bui
- Black Wall Street: From Riot to Renaissance in Tulsa’s Historic Greenwood District, by Hannibal B. Johnson
- Citizen: An American Lyric, by Claudia Rankine
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America, by Richard Rothstein
- Dakota Life in the Upper Midwest, by Samuel W. Pond
- A Garden of Black Joy: Global Poetry from the Edges of Liberation and Living, curated by Keno Evo
- A Good Time for the Truth: Race in Minnesota, edited by Sun Yung Shin
- The Seedkeeper, by Diane Wilson
- Segregated by Design
- Somewhere in the Unknown World: A Collective Refugee Memoir, by Kao Kalia Yang
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis: Racism & the Economy
- Support local nonprofit organizations.
- Join a local civic organization or volunteer in the community.
- Support Many Faces programming through a financial donation. Donations will be used to support speakers’ fees and other programming costs of Many Faces events.
- Follow us on Facebook and help spread the word about Many Faces of the White Bear Lake Area events